Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Desperate Housewives... gets a sistah!

Just heard that my/our favorite Sunday night treat, Desperate Housewives, is adding a sistah! A living legend... none other than Ms. Alfre Woodard.

I knew it was a matter of time before TV-land recognized what we've already known... that black people can and do live in the suburbs. We've done it for years.

Reminds me of a joke I heard
Steve Harvey say once about a trip he and his crew and audience from The Beat L.A. made once to Cancun, Mexico. He said they were gonna shoot a promotional spot about the tropical oasis, with a bunch of black people frolicking on the sand, with the announcer asking, "Cancun?" and the crowd turning toward the camera yelling, "Yes we can..."

Good for Alfre. Good for Wisteria Lane!
fs

2 comments:

Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

mmm....I wonder how this is going to work out. I am not feelin the whole Alfre thing. I thin Maybe adding Jada, Vivica, or Angela Bassett, maybe...Alfre. I am shaky on this.

Rod said...

Yay Alfre! Yay Mehcad!