Sunday, April 10, 2005

Hooch Music

OK. So a lot of people give Mariah a hard time for coming into her own in the late 90s and early 2000s. I don't. She's emancipated. She's being herself. Being who she couldn't be when she was tied down by her fath, err... boss, I mean husband. And this Tuesday, we'll celebrate along with her as we proclaim it "The Emanicipation of Mimi" day. Yay!

I'm sure we all heard the CD for free on AOL-Preview this weekend. I love it. Mariah at her best.

But I actually got onto this topic, because of another video that was just on. I used to hate the song-- I called it the "Mattress Squeaking" song because I didn't know the name, and would change stations every time I heard it start up. It's "Some Cut" by
Trillville and Lil Scrappy... or something like that. Hated that song when it first came on the radio. Now I love it. Don't ask me why.

Right after "Some Cut" came the Jam of The Week. A new cut, "You Gonna Luv Me," by Da Back Wudz. Boy, I wish I was tech savvy enough to link some videos and pictures here. This blog would be so much more off the hook. (Teach me, someone... please...) lol. Anyway, the highlight of this song... these fellas have sampled one of the greatest divas of all time --
Jennifer Holliday, and her song "And I Am Telling You (You're Gonna Love Me)." JH is fierce and so is this song. Dude, where have I been. Obviously, not with the April 2005s, since I'm still loving Rupee's hit from the winter, "Tempted To Touch." Now, if someone can sample The Clark Sisters' "You Brought The Sunshine" into a hip hop cut for the summer... I'm your best friend!

I admit it. I love thug music, hard music, street music, hooch music. I'm a product of the hip hop generation, don't have kids, and can just enjoy myself and feel all music.


Kinda like Mariah. Emancipated.
fs

2 comments:

TheBlacks said...

Don't forget T.I's "Urban Legend."

Desiree said...

Ya, she's serving all these
bitche$! Ya!!! I love that Mariah is now Emancipated.