Friday, April 01, 2005

On The Road Again

Off to the hills and valleys of Tennessee. Yee haw!

Spent most of the day doing book stuff -- visiting bookstores, meeting booksellers and staff, delivering galleys. Very fun stuff. There are some really nice people out there working in bookstores. Almost all are aspiring authors themselves, so it's extra fun to engage in conversation about their projects and dreams. Almost all I met had really promising things to say about Down For Whatever -- that they'd heard about the project already, they loved the cover, they think it will do well. That was good to hear.

Then took my crew to the airport for their weekend stint in San Fran. Big reunion thing going on. Wish I could have gone, but...

Had to come back to pack for Nashville. Still packing. About 80% done. Need to be out the door in four hours. Procrastinating by coming online for a minute. Doing online banking... yeah, that's it. I'll finish and I know I'll forget something.

Anyway, I'm out for some days. Until I have computer access or return to L.A., have a good beginning of April. Remember the gossip challenge!
:-)
fs

5 comments:

Milton Stanley said...

Are you the same Frederick Smith who went through Basic Training at Ft. Leonard Wood, summer 1990?

Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!

Rod said...

Hey there, congrats. Hope the trip goes well.

Milton Stanley said...

If you are, then you're in my book.

Frederick Smith said...

Nope. Never at Ft. Leonard Wood. Wrong person.
fs