Monday, April 24, 2006

Drama Queen Alert.

California (right, also in Pageant entry) placed 1st runner up to Kentucky (left). Miss USA drama. Okay!?!?

Anyway, another big drama queen event is taking place this week. Two in a week? How can we handle it?

The Daytime Emmy Awards, recognizing the best and brightest in daytime television, are taking place in Los Angeles this Friday, and again, I'll be in the air heading to the Midwest to take care of some personal business. So again, I'll miss the main event, but hear the results before I see them on Tivo/DVR.

But my allegiance in the Daytime Emmy Awards is always to the Channel 2 soaps -- Young and Restless, and Bold and Beautiful especially. Thanks to my dearly departed grand-folks, aunts, uncles, etc... I have been hooked since a young drama queen boy in training. Oh well! I could be addicted to other things that actually kill ya, you know?

Anyway, one of my dream DREAM jobs has always been to join the writing team of a daytime drama. Preferably my fave, Y&R. It's been pretty good lately. If not Y&R, maybe my own. Maybe Down For Whatever, the nighttime drama for hmmm... some network. That'd be a riot. There's still some story possibilities for Keith, Marco, Rafael, and Tommie. Ya think?

Anyway... here's hoping your day is drama free, except for what you read in a book or watch on a screen. That's the only place drama belongs anyway... everything else is just water rolling off your back and something you are definitely equipped to handle.

fs

No comments: