Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Duh. Vinci. What?


Um. Just finished watching Matt Lauer doing his live Today Show reports from Paris. Hyping the film, The DaVinci Code. Yeah. We know it'll be a blockbuster film.

But. I have a confession. Am I the last person in the world not to have read the novel, The DaVinci Code? I think I am. And I just haven't quite caught on to what all the hype is about.

Just like I think I'm the last person in the world who hasn't seen one Star Wars movie. Not even the originals from the 80s. But, uh, well. I'm just not into that genre.

So. Am I missing something? Or not?

Without giving away any plot points, what's the deal about The DaVinci Code novel? Has it changed your life? Made you think of the world in a different way? Shaken your view of organized religion? Or is it just good reading, plain and simple? The book is everywhere. And to me, anything that gets people reading is a good thing.

But all I know is when party conversation gets to reading, and inevitably The DaVinci Code, I draw a blank. And do a mental Duh. :-)
fs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have yet to read the book. When you find out the secret, let me know.

Marz said...

I don't care about the Da Vinci code but YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANY OF THE STAR WARS MOVIES????????

But I guess you're not into sci-fi. ( Still can't believe it.)



-Marz