Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Brand New Heavies Do L.A.

Mood Tune: Never Stop by The Brand New Heavies (YouTube)

And I was there while The Brand New Heavies did their thing last night at The El Rey Theatre in the Wilshire District.

My new best friend Eric B., his significant friends I got to meet, and I did boys night out for the concert and it was a lot of fun.

Then at some point I glanced over like five people to my right, and was happily surprised to see my writer friend and inspiration, Tayari Jones, at the edge of the stage watching the show. We caught up, did some writer gossip, talked about our love of Brand New Heavies, and then took some photos. They're posted on her site and blog entry on BNH.

Great night... and a great way to end the week after my own personal busy-ness, and some highs, lows, and losses in the news.

I was able to dig out my Brand New Heavies CDs out storage. And now I'm channeling N'Dea... well not quite, but you get the picture. :-)
fs

1 comment:

Tayari Jones said...

Fred, it was cool to run into you last night! I've got the post up! http://www.tayarijones.com/blog/archives/2006/11/all_fired_up.html

Tayari