Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Galley Cat Reader

So the past couple mornings and nights I've been reading the "final galley" of my book before it goes into production. And I gotta admit, I'm kinda liking it.

What I mean is... in the "final galley" editing stage, all you're reading for is change of names, dates, obvious mis-spellings/grammar that didn't get caught in previous editing stages, and pop culture references. No major changes allowed -- dialogue, plot, adding text -- at this stage. Everything due to my publisher August 8.

So I'm reading. Much like a reader would. And I'm liking what I'm reading. Sooooo can't wait for Right Side of the Wrong Bed to be out in just a couple months. Finding a few small things -- pop culture references primarily -- that I'm updating to make the novel more up-to-date/current, than when I finished it over a year ago.

Seeing the almost done version is very rewarding. Makes all those solo days and nights in front of a computer screen worthwhile.
fs

3 comments:

D-Place said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

the last noel said...

Oh, what a wonderful stage this is in the development of a book.

Joseph said...

you know i can't wait!
can't wait to experience this.