Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Silly... I Would've Loved You Anyway

As you can see, it's 3am and I'm awake. Wide awake. Couldn't sleep.

Thinking about work and writing work. So I got up to work. Will probably get to the day office before the sun rises. That's just me and my work ethic. I don't count hours. You do what you have to do to get the job done. I wish more people were like that. Things would get done and you wouldn't have to check up or worry about people getting things done.

Of course when you're up at 3am, and it's quiet in the house and outdoors, your mind wanders. They say the early morning hours are best for working and creativity. Because your mind is at its most-free and pure. Clear of clutter. And obviously no one around to interrupt your flow and process.

So my mind flows to exes, exes with benefits, kinda dating situations, the one I like but shouldn't because he's an ex with benefits of someone I know... Such a drama queen, Brooke Logan, Erica Kane when it comes to matters of the heart sometimes.

Gave a student my copy of He's Just Not That Into You, as he shared a story that's similar to other 19-year-old dramas we've experienced... the "not calling back" storyline. Told him to enjoy it for the memory, but not to wallow in it... as there will be more human drama and boys to come. (Have you met anyone who's met "the one" at 19 anyway? Maybe in 1949...)

Got on my "Heartache" playlist on my iTunes right now. Not that my heart is aching, I'm a happy and inspired person. I actually find "heartache" songs so rich in lyric and story. Those songs inspire me in my writing. "Silly" by Deniece Williams is on right now. Such a perfect song for when you like someone who may not reciprocate your feelings.

But there's always the one you always think about. At those times, I listen to or watch I Would've Loved You Anyway by Trisha Yearwood. Like now.

It's about working hard, loving hard, playing hard, creating memories for later when you can't do things so hard. No regrets. Just taking each day as it comes and making it your best that day.

It's going to be a long day, I can tell...
fs

No comments: