Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Left Stuff... and Other Links

I'm a left-handed person. So I was fascinated with this story on NPR this morning about the fact that five of the last seven U.S. presidents are lefties. So are both Barack Obama and John McCain. Are lefties just wired for success? NPR story. The book, The Left Stuff: How The Left-Handed Have Survived and Thrived in a Right-Handed World , by Melissa Roth.

I'm a huge fan of Atlanta and Atlanta novelist Tayari Jones. She shares a blast from her past -- a television interview from early in her career when her first novel, Leaving Atlanta, was released. I'm still reeling from the fact that 2002 seems like yesterday, but was 6 years ago.

I still remember Y2K fears like yesterday.

I remember the song that played at midnight at the place I was at on New Year's Eve 1999 into 2000. It was Jennifer Lopez's Waiting For Tonight. Fun memory.

And doing some work at the college over the weekend. Freaky fun fact... brand new college students are born in 1990 and 1991... leaning 1991. Freaks me out. But oh well.

Hope your weekend is all you want it to be!
fs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i knew that about the presidents. Oprah is a lefty too so you guys are in good company-lol.