Sunday, October 19, 2008

Options

So I just found out that my friend Liza Palmer's first novel, Conversations with the Fat Girl, has been optioned by HBO for a series. That's great news. I'm happy for her. It's such a great book and voice, and I can totally see it as a series. Liza and I started out around the same time with our publishing journey. I've written about her books, Conversations and Seeing Me Naked on the blog before.

In these tough economic and political times, we're all looking for good escapist options to get our minds off of things. Miriam Goderich, of the Dystel & Goderich literary agency, shares her desire to be swept away by a good new book across her desk.

One option to escape... travel. Our friend Tayari Jones is heading to Ghana in early November for International African Writers' Day.

Finally, you and your literary agent are trying to get a better deal for your book. The Book Deal blog offers these options.

Have a great one... create a memory today!
fs

No comments: