Sunday, February 08, 2009

Note To Self

If you're wanting to start or enhance your journal writing, check out Note To Self by Samara O'Shea.

Heard about the book this morning while catching up on my podcast listening, this time the Tranquility du Jour podcast, episode called Musing on Journal Writing.

I've been keeping a journal since 9th grade. First started as required assignments for English class. Then, I realized I how much I loved it and I've kept up with it. The past couple years with the onset of blogging, I haven't been as daily with my journaling but I still keep up.

It's interesting to look back at my pages and remember my 16-year-old self, the sadness and happiness when my parents dropped me off at college, all the crushes and those I thought was "the one" (who defintely were NOT), and all the other ups and downs. I never worry if anyone will read it. Don't know why that's never crossed my mind.

I have always kept my journals in spiral notebooks. Usually buy a grip of them in August during the back-to-school sales.

Lately, I've printed out emails I send to friends and staple those into my journal. It's amazing the stuff we reveal and write to friends... and never realize it's a lot like journaling.

Anyway, note to self. Keep up with your journal!
fs

No comments: