Monday, June 22, 2009

The Queen

There's only one Queen -- the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin -- and I'm so excited to be seeing her this coming Friday evening at the Hollywood Bowl. It's her first concert in L.A. in 35 years at the bowl.

So of course this week is about ALL things Aretha. Let's start with an old favorite, I Ain't Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)... a newer favorite, Pride (A Deeper Love)... and a gospel and church favorite, Never Grow Old.

What's your favorite Aretha Franklin song/performance? (And don't just mention the fabulous church hat at Inauguration.)

Have a great day!
fs

2 comments:

ThisMightBeMe said...

I'm a big old school Aretha junkie. I am torn between "Aint No Way", "Do Right Woman, Do Right Man", and "Dr. Feelgood". I hope that she's everything you expect and even a little more.

BuddahDesmond said...

I'm jealous! That's great though. This is a tough one. I love Aretha! I have to say I'm torn between "Spirit In The Dark", "Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)", "Angel", and "Ain't No Way". I still feel like I'm forgetting a few gems but this will just have to do for now.