Sunday, July 05, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Spent the weekend by the water in Long Beach watching fireworks, at the Aquarium of the Pacific, and eating some old fashioned bbq.

Speaking of waters, you should pick up Carleen Brice's new novel, Children of the Waters... a well-written tale of love and mixed-race family drama. Of course, that's the Cliff Notes summary... the book is so much more, so add it to your summer reading list.

I finished reading the novel Push. It was an enjoyable, yet disturbing (the story, not the writing), novel. Can't wait to see how the movie version interprets the story.

On my Facebook page Friday, I wrote that Friday's episode of Young & The Restless was sooooo darn good. It was a classic Friday cliff hanger, which brought back Phillip Chancellor III after 20+ year absence... Then I realize, I sat on a writer's panel last year with Thom Bierdz, who portrays PCIII... and remembered my brush with fame.

Got some writing done... that about wraps up my weekend. Went so darn fast. Year's more than halfway over. That's life, huh?
fs

3 comments:

Cherlyn Michaels said...

I work when Y&R is on, but got into catching up with it by watching full episodes on the 'net. Usually on Fridays which is my slow work day. The PCIII story line has me going!

I got to pick up Carleen's book. Hope it's on audio too so I can "read" it immediately.

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

Fred... i am with you I was excited about the cliffhanger friday but quite disappointed by the acting on Monday's episode. Neil has played that role of overprotective father again and again... and he still hasnt gotten it right.

Carleen Brice said...

Wow, what a surprise. I was just coming over to see what was up. :)