Sunday, October 26, 2014

Launching a Book. Applying to Doctoral Programs. And Being a Fabulous Professional. Oh My!

I like juggling multiple plates, projects, and processes. I do.

So in addition to being an author, a friend and son and very social person, a Student Affairs and Higher Education professional, a scholar, a speaker and panelist, an advocate for ethnic, gender, and social justice awareness and equity... I'm shopping around for grad schools.

Specifically, looking at Doctoral programs in Educational Leadership and Higher Education. While I'm concentrating on Southern California programs at CSU Long Beach, UCLA, Loyola Marymount, and USC, I've had scholar friends encourage me to consider some out-of-state/fly-in on weekends for classes programs. Yikes!

Launching a book and completing school application processes -- both happening simultaneously in January 2015 -- is a fun juggling act. I need to do GREs again, write statements of purpose, gather recommendations... AND I need to do events to promote Play It Forward. And that's on the side of being a full-time professional at a University.

I've always been an overachiever, wanna do everything, like staying busy type of person. I'm hoping I can stay above water with multiple and equally important processes in my life.

Oh my!
fs

No comments: